- For starters, I’m a Certified Fraud Examiner. I specialize in fraud prevention through helping churches tighten up their financial procedures.
- You get an Accounting person with 20 years of experience. Most of that time I was looking for oddities in Payroll for a Fortune 100 company.
- I have a Master’s in Public Health Epidemiology from UCLA. That’s numbers-based detective work for medicine, but it’s surprisingly useful here, too.
- I’ve also been a science teacher – you get a consultant who loves to explain things.
- I’ve done a lot of computer programming, which is how I’ve made the audit so easy and available anywhere in the world.
- And I’ve written a couple of books and developed a school district’s disaster plan. I know how to make things clear in my writing.
- And I even look like an auditor. That took some work, actually…
And you’ll get someone who understands the church world: I’ve been a Christian for 48 years. I’ve served as a deacon, and been one of the guys counting the money, too.
My experience as a fraud examiner, computer geek, numbers guy, deacon, and churchman makes me a great choice as a consultant. Drop me a note at email@example.com or call 208 596-4480 and let’s get acquainted.
When you hire us you also get my dear wife Rini, who heads our Quality Assurance department. OK, she IS our Quality Assurance department! She’s also our head cook, gardener, and cheerleader. She taught English at the University of California, as well as at the middle school level. With her English strengths, she’s well-qualified to help produce what you need. She reviews the reports we send out to ensure you get a good product.
She also makes it possible for me to invest long hours in study, programming, and analysis. I use the word “we” in most of this site’s text for convention’s sake. To be sure, I am the one doing most of the work! But Rini makes it possible, and I have tremendous respect and appreciation for her. (Note: this is an older photo – we’re about the same age. But I see her like this. We’ve been married for 32 years.)
We live in the lovely little burg of Moscow, Idaho, on a quiet street in the older part of town. Here, the big excitement is a couple of kids on bicycles pedaling by! And we are attending a great church and live within a mile of our daughter and her family.
For the 20 years before moving here we had a pocket farm in the hills of Appalachia. We still have our farm dog, and I’m working from a home office and meeting with clients using video conferencing. If you’re lucky you may hear a bark: God’s blessing in audible form.
I’m doing my part to combat the effects of the Fall – at your church. With my help you’ll run a tighter ship, money-wise; you might have more money to work with, too. You’ll have less temptation nipping at the heels of your staff and volunteers. And you’ll be protecting everyone’s reputation, too.
I hope we can work together and that we can be a blessing to your church.